Thursday, July 22, 2010

Davis Square (with all the fixin's)

The Davis Square restaurant tour continues tonight with a trip to Red Bones! This hole in the wall restaurant is loud, packed ... and amazing. The savory BBQ is tender and full of flavor, the portions are huge, and the prices are low. The bar offers 24 beers on tap, and I guarantee you won't have heard of most of them, which is a great chance to try something other than your go-to! The servers are knowledgeable, too. I almost always ask for a recommendation, and I've never been disappointed.

I had the pulled pork sandwhich (my usual!) which comes with a side of beans and potato salad. There's easily enough food for two people to share, but at only $8.50 a plate, you won't feel too guilty if you want it all to yourself!




The real highlight though, was the appetizer: FRIED PICKLES! If you're never had one, you're going to need to arrange a trip to Red Bones asap.



A word to the wise, though. The restaurant is fun to check out, but there's usually a wait, and even though the food is awesome the place isn't much for ambiance. If you live in the area, I'd recommend placing an order for pick-up (they sell pulled pork by the pint, need I say more?) and enjoying fantastic BBQ on the comfort of your own couch. That's what J and I usually do, and it works out great!

I'm leaving you with a few belated pictures from last night at Flatbread Co. yummm :)





(photo credits to Tugce and Maura tonight - iphone, where are you??)



enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment