Saturday, July 10, 2010

new projects and a chocolate gateaux

After a lovely 4th of July weekend in Rhode Island and beautiful fireworks here in the city, J and I came back to an after5chef's worst nightmare (that is, aside from pesticide soaked produce...) a warm refridgerator FULL of groceries. Needless to say, just about everything had to be tossed.

In the meantime, we were also without internet. Though I do work for a publishing company, I didn't think they'd appreciate blog posts on the clock. The good news? I now have a working fridge, and ... you guessed it - internet! This week I'm focusing on two projects, and one is sort of a sub-project to the other. Project #1 - Find ways to stretch the grocery budget just a little further, without compromising the quality of the food I buy. After losing all of our wonderful whole foods groceries, I am determined not to waste food or money this week! The sub project, or 1a, if you will, is bread! I've always wanted to be able to whip up a loaf of bread on a whim but it's a lot harder than in sounds. In the spirit of spending less and eating well, I thought bread could be a good project. I'll be doing some research this week, and taking a shot at it next weekend!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a picture of my dessert last night from our date. We went to dante in the Royal Sonesta hotel in Cambridge. Dinner was okay, but the dessert was absolutely fabulous: a chocolate gateaux, with chocolate cherries and salted caramel. In the background you can see J's dessert - lemon cream puffs with fresh berries. Both were absolutely divine.




enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment