Monday, November 2, 2009

the appetizer

ap⋅pe⋅tiz⋅er [ap-i-tahy-zer]
–noun

1. a small portion of a food or drink served before or at the beginning of a meal to stimulate the desire to eat.


I haven't always loved to cook. It just seemed like a lot of work, you know? I wasn't until I moved into my first apartment, sophomore year of college, that all of the sudden I had to learn how. And fast. Basically, it was figure it out or live on ramen. And ramen didn't ever seem that appetizing, so I took my only other option, and dove in. Ever since then, cooking dinner at night has been my favorite part of the day - my creative outlet. This blog is meant to highlight the adventures (and mishaps) of a twenty-something chef who does her best to make food (on a budget) that tastes good and avoids additives (well, usually), all while appeasing her picky-eater of a boyfriend, who - despite what he might tell you - is always willing to at least try a new creation.

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for this weeks adventures.

all the best,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment