Tuesday, November 17, 2009

breakfast of champions

These days, being a twentysomething with a college degree doesn't necessarily mean working a 9 to 5 job. For the next month, it definately doesn't mean that for me. Over the next four weeks, I'll be experiencing eating well while managing a weird work schedule - something that most twentysomethings are probably up against. For this post, it seemed to make sense to start with breakfast. I know I don't make enough time for it in my day, but now that I have morning off, I'm pretty much out of excuses. Simple is still the key here; even if I have the whole morning ahead of me, I don't necessarily want to spend the whole time doing dishes after pancakes flambe, or something like today. The solution? A classic egg mc muffin:

Ingredients:

1 egg
1 english muffin
1 piece of ham (or bacon ... whichever type of nitrate treat you choose. or for that matter, leave it out if you'd like)
1 slice cheese (again, take it or leave it).


Directions:

Fry egg. Toast english muffin. If you're going with cheese, put it on top of the egg for the last few seconds, to melt it. If you're going with the meat, throw that on the skillet for a few seconds to heat it up (you're probably going to need a new skillet if you're cooking bacon). Assemble sandwhich. That's all there is to it!

enjoy!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment